3 GOALS FOR ANY WEBSITE:
1. attract new customers
2. promote services
3. educate customers about ______
be very specific about your goals, although they can and should change in the process.
INTERVIEWS AND QUESTIONNAIRES
Build rapport: what do you have in common, who they are, what is important to them.
1. What are your top goals for the site?
2. What are the most common complaints you get about the current website or content you have
3. What are the three most common questions your customers / constituents / stakeholders ask
you (online or off)?
4. What has gotten you the best response? What content on your site has attracted the most
compliments / appreciation / results?
5. What do you think you are currently best known for?
6. Are there awards, publications, or appearances we can include on the site to help build your
7. Do you have any content that’s not already on the site that you think should be there?
8. Is there content you know you’d like added to the site that hasn’t been created yet?
9. Are there current clients / constituents / stakeholders we can ask for testimonials?
10. What do you know about the people who will visit your Web site?
11. What do you want users to do on your website or as a result of visiting your site?
12. If we were successful beyond your wildest dreams, what would that look like?
13. What plans do you have over the next 6 months to 2 years that we should know about as we
develop the content strategy?
14. Is there anything I’ve missed that you want to add?
15. Who should I interview next?
IDENTIFY THE TARGET AUDIENCE (you cant target everyone)
Demographics: gender, race, age, mobility, economic status, employment status, location.
Culture/education: language, education, vocabulary, reading level, format content.
Computer experience: how savvy, computer equipment, bandwidth,
What makes my visitors different from anyone else? Have a specific person in mind.